Monday, January 2, 2012

Pot Sticker.

My husband loves pot stickers, I use to buy them for the store ,but they weren't that good. Then I started buying them from Schwan's guy. They were good but got to be really expensive. So I decided to make my own. I found a great recipe and changed it a little to make it my own. My family and friends  love them. And it saves me a lot of money. I never know how easy they were to make.

RECIPE
1 and1/2 pounds of cooked Shrimp or 1 pound of any other cooked meat you may like.
4 chopped green onions
4 cloves roughly chopped garlic or 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.( Optional)
1 eggs and one egg white.
3 tablespoons of soy sauce
Wonton wrapper. There are normally around 60 in a package. ( Don't worry they freeze up really well)
 One husband or friend to do the frying

Put everything in a food processor and pulse until combined but still chunky
Wet all four sides of your wonton wrapper.
Place about 1/2 of teaspoon of filling in the middle.

Fold over to make a triangle. Gently push filling to the middle. Making sure to seal it all along the edges. This is very important. If it doesn't seal it will leak.  Your water helps to make it seal. Don't worry they seal really easy .
Place in a pan with a little oil They cook up really  fast. So make them all up at one time,placing them on a lightly floured sheet pan. Or have someone cook them as you make them up. I love my assistant. He looks so cute in his apron.

Place on paper towels to cool. Enjoy.

You can freeze these cooked or just made up.  If cooked, put in a plastic bag after they have cooled down. Place in freezer. Can be heated in oven or microwave. If just made up, put on lightly floured sheet pan in single layers and freeze. ( this stops them from sticking together.) Once frozen place in bags and return to freezer. I make these for the Super Bowl. I never can seem to make enough. They are highly addicting.

10 comments:

  1. I love pot stickers and you make it look so easy to make them from scratch! Of course, your assistant is really helpful too! LOL!! And what is this chicken I see sitting on the counter in the background?!? Please share! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I am in a bit of a cooking mood right now, which is too bad because no one is home to feed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy that's Bertha. She is still waiting for her eggs to hatch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all...YUM...will be trying this one.

    Secondly, you asked for my "Cheesy Chicken Pie" recipe...Well here it is sorta :)

    http://www.quick-and-easy-dinner.com/chicken-bundles.html

    Except I double the chicken and cheese, use pie dough and make the entire thing into one long log with a pinched seam along the top.

    Enjoy Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle,
    those look so yummy! My kids would love those, may have to give them a try! Looks pretty easy, just the way I like to cook!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE potstickers! Can't wait to try these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds so good. Must do some quick or, just come to your house! Oops, long drive. Might get too hungry.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks wonderful! I love pot stickers so thanks for sharing. I will try it out.

    ReplyDelete