Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Canning Zucchini

My wonderful friend Debbie showed me how to can Zucchini. I couldn't believe how easy it was. You start out the same way you do for any canning. Sterilize pint jars and rings.
Then just shred the Zucchini and place in jars.(  You can add salt if you like ,I don't. )
NOTE:  If your Zucchini is dry add a little water. With fresh Zucchini from the garden you shouldn't need to do this.( It will make it's own moister.)

I put two and half cups in each jar since that's what most of my recipe call for.
 Wipe around the lid of the jar to make sure there is no food or juice on top of the jar.
 If your Zucchini is dry add a little water. With fresh Zucchini from the garden you shouldn't need to do this.( It will make it's own moister.)
 Screw your lids and rings on to jar.
Process for 30 min at 12 pounds. This is for pint jars.


FOOT NOTE: I try a jar that Debbie had canned last year. It worked great in my bread. Since she used salt in her jars I did omit the salt from the bread recipe.

19 comments:

  1. It's so interesting! I have never known that it looks so simple. Canning is a new thing for me. I usually use fresh products from my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of canning zucchini either! What a great idea (if I have any leftover - I can eat it every day!) Thanks for the submission to the HomeAcre hop. Feel free to stop by at www.PintSizeFarm.com or another one of the hosts to submit another this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never about canning zucchini either. I have to pin this and take another look at my zucchini now.
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete