Sunday, January 15, 2012

A day in the life of me.

I haven't posted since Thursday.  So I figured I better come up with a good one to make up for it.Think! Think! Nope, nothing comes to mind. Now what? Maybe I'll find inspiration in one of my craft magazines. OK that didn't work! Then I spotted my Country magazine. There was a day in the life of the Amish article. Sounded good to me. So for better or worse here is a day in the life of me.

It's 7:14 am on a Sunday morning. I feel this wet nose rubbing against my cheek. I bat it away. Next this rough little tongue starts licking my face.. I bat her away. Next thing I feel is two little paws kneading my shoulder. OK, OK, you win I will pet you.. Dusty turns into my side for me to pet her belly.  Her purring fills the quiet room. For 10 minutes it's only her and I.Till my husband rolls over and kisses me good morning. With an evil glare and low growl Dusty jumps off the bed. So starts my day.

I come down to the smell of coffee drifting from my kitchen. Most people start their day with coffee and a danish. Me, I start mine with coffee and a laptop.  I have to keep up with my blogger friends. Before I realize it, it was time to go to church. Which didn't leave time for breakfast. I told Rick we would have to do cereal . Only to find out he set right beside me and ate breakfast about A half an hour ago. Note to self. Don't get totally lost in the world of blogging.

I had made 2  low fat burritos for work Saturday. I had one left. Rick was nice enough to swing by work on our way to church. So I could grab it. Cereal just wasn't on my agenda.  After church we went out with a couple of friends. We had great food and good conversation.

We came home to chores. The chicken coup needed cleaned. First I had to throw out meal worms so we could distract them. They tend to want to be under foot while we clean. They have no fear of us at all. Miss Prissy has a fit every time we take her water to refill it. You can hear her squawking all the way down the street. We went out to the garden to water it only to find the deer  had used it for dinner. Definitely time to build a fence.

We came in and I worked on my yarn dish clothes. I saw them on  another blog and thought they were cute.  Then it was time to start dinner. I made a dinner of Homemade bread and chicken pot pie. I was hoping for left overs for lunch. Didn't happen. At least I know they like my cooking.

After dinner I made cookies. So started the game of catching Rick before he eats all the dough. His  theory is why waste time cooking them when you can eat them right out of the bowl. I did manage to save 3/4 of the batter.

It's now time to curl up on the sofa and watch TV with Dusty curled up on my lap. Hope you enjoyed A day in the life. If not, sorry it's all I had. Have a good night.


  1. Hahaha. What a GREAT day in the life of... Michelle. I loved reading this post. It sounds like you had a great day. Have a good night.

  2. What a great post, especially since you weren't sure what to post! My hubby loves cookie dough too. I always set aside a tiny bowl for him. Thanks for the info on the balls in Germany. I have a German friend I will have to ask or google it. Have a great week!

  3. Two comments. First- pass the cookies! They look great.
    Secondly, I agree. Coffee and a laptop. Who wants to read or watch gloom and doom on the news first thing in the morning? I want to see what my really super blogger friends have been up to. Sounds like a nice day.

  4. I loved your "day in the life" post! It's fun to get a little glimpse into what our blogger friends are doing, pretty much the same as us! LOL!!

  5. Ahhh, the animal wake up calls. Gotta love them huh? I sometimes get an 80 pound black lab slowing moving down (on top of me), and licking me awake to take her out. Ha ha ha!

  6. I actually have two wake up calls. There's Dusty, then there's Tana. Tana will come to the side of the bed and wine until you feed her. You would think we never feed her the way she carries on.