This recipe came from Mennonite woman can cook. It is so good I had to share it on my blog. Hope you enjoy it.
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 4 Tbsp flour or 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 6 Tbsp Nestle Nesquik powder (or 4 Tbsp Nesquik plus 2 Tbsp cocoa)
- 1 Tbsp sugar, optional
- 2 egg yolks
- In a small pot, just below medium heat, bring 1 1/2 cups milk to almost boiling point.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl or 4-cup measuring cup, mix dry ingredients, then stir in 1/4 cup milk to make a smooth paste. Stir in egg yolks and then the final 1/4 cup milk.
- When the milk in the pot shows tiny bubbles along the side and a bit of skin forming on top, stir in the chocolate mix and keep stirring with whisk until smooth and bubbly. If lumps appear, keep stirring. They will go away.
- Cool slightly. ( Set the pot into sink with cold water, stirring for several minutes) Pour into individual bowls or large bowl before it sets.. Cover and refrigerate. Yield 4 or 5 - 4 oz minis.