Monday, March 24, 2014

Old Look in a new guest room.

 We turned my daughter's old room into a guest bedroom . It felt so good to be able to get a lot of my packed antiques out of the garage and find them a good home. I am so happy with the results.


 The fabric picture  was make for me at Christmas by my good friend Jackie. I painted a metal pipe and ceiling chandelier ring black to give the fake wood stove a more real feel.



 These are pictures of Rick's family members. The Madonna belonged to his Grandmother

  This is one of my favorite pictures of my girls.

 The stool is from a old school house. The handles made it easy for the teacher to move around the room helping students.
 Even though the rug was made by me ,I though it would work great with the bed.
I am so happy with the results. I love the way the room turned out.

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your guest room and hope to stay in it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with that stove, and you have given me ideas with my Mom's antique brush set. I love all of it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely Michelle! Love the stove and that little stool is awesome! What a beautiful and welcoming guest room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Michelle...I am in love with the rocking horse and how cleaver are you with the "wood stove"...I might have to steal that idea one day.
    Thank you for stopping by to visit Our Country Home and seeing our new lambs.
    Blessings Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cozy guest room Michelle you had better be careful or your guests will never want to leave! Seriously anyone who came to stay will be able to tell that you care for them and their comfort and it's a nice way to display favorite pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle! Oh, how pretty your guest room looks. You have such a pretty bedroom suite. I agree, whomever would get to stay over would love this room! I know the olden Pyrex is so much better than the newer ones. I'm just chicken I guess. One day I'll poke one in the oven with a meatloaf! :)
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! Thanks for sharing this with us at the HomeAcre Hop!

    ReplyDelete