Monday, April 9, 2012

Thought from my head

 I was going to start this post out talking about  what would happen it our animals could talk. But my mind had other thoughts. Yes, your mind has it's own thoughts. Think about it. You start out thinking about one thing  then your mind  sends you on a totally different path. And don't try to stop it. Your mind will fight back. Have you ever had a song stuck in your head. And the more you try to stop it, the worse it gets. Need I say more.
 Have you ever walked into a room to get something,only to grab something totally different than what you originally wanted. That's your mind playing tricks on you.  And it feels no guilt.  If it did, it wouldn't play tricks on you over and over again.
  The older you get, the more devilish your mind seems to gets. It loves hiding things from you. In my case it's my shoes, phone, purse, and keys.  I can look on the table several times for my keys and not see them. But as soon as I give up and borrow my daughters keys. You guessed it, They magically appear on the table.
I  was going to buy one of those beeper that help you find your keys. But why waste my money? My mind will just hide them from me as soon as it gets the chance.!
I now find myself talking to it, bargaining with it. Just let me find my keys before I am late for work. And I promise I'll put them on the hook.  Or talking out a problem with it. Ok. that's a point in it favor. You have to give credit where credit is due. See the mind took over again. You can't trust it. You know that ringing you sometimes hear in your ears. It's not really ringing . It your mind laughing it's ass off at you.

5 comments:

  1. I am rolling on the floor, laughing too. Great post Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great post. And one of those posts that makes you go...hhhmmmm. Definitely full of facts, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for clearing that up for me! LOL!! Thought that I was losing my mind, but it is just playing tricks on me. I feel so much better now!!
    As for those things that help you find your keys, well it goes off everytime the dog barks, anything makes a loud noise etc. and makes you drives you nuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so relieved! Somebody else has the same symptoms! My husband says I am losing my mind. I drive him crazy with my random thoughts and forgetting where I put put his stuff. Glad to know I am in good company ;)

    Lisa
    The Way Grandmama Does It

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very funny and oh so true!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete