Thursday, December 27, 2012

Crock Pot Candy

 I have to add one last candy recipe. This was so easy and so good. That I couldn't pass it up. This is off the Trisha Yearwood cooking show on food network. I wish I had thought of it. But be warned this does make a lot.
Layer in the crock pot about 2 pounds roasted peanuts,1 regular  bag semi sweet chocolate chips, two bars of dark choc( about 8 oz. total) , and two packages of white almond bark.

 Place lid on the crock pot and cook on low for 3 hours. I accidentally put mine on 4 hours . Didn't hurt it any.
 While you wait on your crock pot, line your muffin pans with cupcake liners. When candy is ready just stir it together and put into cups. Not only is it easy ,but little clean up. Less dishes to wash always makes me happy.  This takes a little more time to cool then other candies. Mainly because the cups hold the heat in.
About half way thru I got the idea to add marshmallows. I put a little of the candy in the bottom ,then added a large marshmallow I had cut in half. Then covered the top with more of the candy. Everyone said these reminded them of a old time candy called Mellow Gold or was it Gold Mellow. I am not sure of the name. But they did go quick. My husband like the ones with the marshmallows. My daughter preferred the ones with out.  All I know is I took them to a candy, cookie swap and had none left to bring home. Which is probably a good thing considering all the tasting I have done while cooking this holiday.

4 comments:

  1. I saw this on Trisha's show and thought it looked delicious, too!!! It's good to know that it's really that easy to make. :)
    Thanks so much for stopping by today and saying such nice things about my Christmas party! Come back soon!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made this candy and posted on my blog "thewednesdaybaker.blogspot.com". This candy is the best! Love the sweet and salty combo. And so easy. What a great recipe so glad I found it. And bet you ate also! Happy new year. Andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so easy! I love watching Trisha's show on Food Network, she is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete