Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chile Relleno and Chimis

My husband loves Chile Relleno. So I finally tried making them. I was really lucky, they turned out great the first try. The red sauce is from Heidi's blog My Simple Country Living. ( the button to it is on my blog too.)  It's great having a BFF who  also cooks.

These are the Chile Rellenos before the sauce and cheese. I used the poblanos from my garden. I roasted them, then peeled the skin off. Sliced them open then I devained and seeded them.  I stuffed them with cheese. Used a toothpick to help hold them together. Rolled in flour. Wait 5 minutes before dipping in egg mixture. Then deep fry.  This was a little hard. I finally put a spoon full of egg mixture in the oil then laid the pepper on top. Then spooned egg mixture on top and flipped. Be warned the mixture does spread out a little.

The egg mixture

3 egg whites beaten till fluffy peaks. then fold in the 3 yolks. Dip peppers in and fry.

These are my Chimis. I just cook up some hamburger added taco seasoning, sauce, and refried beans. I put a big spoon full in a flour tortillas rolled them and deep fried. I know,I know, not a healthy meal. But ohhhhh, so good.

I have linked this post to Deborah Jean's Dandelion House- 
My Simple Country Living's

Check them out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this has my mouth watering... I used to make chile relleno's in another life... I forgot how good they are! I just might have to try them again using your's and Heidi's recipies!
    Thanks!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...Mexican food, our favorite!! Thanks for sharing your recipes! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete