Monday, October 10, 2011

Quick and Easy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup



Now that the weather has gotten cold I am in the mood for soup. A while back I wanted soup in a hurry,and came up with this recipe. I always have left over chicken in the freezer which really makes it quick and delicious.
This is all you need, well plus chicken. If you only need soup for two to three people just use one of each and 1  cup of water and one large chicken breast. For a large pot use two of each and 1  1/2 to 2  cup of water. Two large breast. The type or amount of chicken can vary to your taste.  Cook the chicken . Take skin off and put in stock pot add other ingredients and cook on simmer for 20 minutes . If you want it a little thinner add water. There is plenty of flavor,so you don't have to worry about losing flavor with the water. My family loves the recipe. We make it a lot. 

4 comments:

  1. It is getting to be soup season! What a great quick and easy recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Wonderful, I LOVE the time of year I can pull out the soup pot! Love the fall look and music on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies I love soup in the fall and winter. I just bought a cook book full of soups. Plus I have more of my own to share. Hope you like soup.LOL Thanks I love the leaves and music too. If you would like music on your blog just go tobthe bootom of my page and click on make your own music list.That should take you to the site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This soup does look yummy. Michelle, when I get back from my trip with my Mom, I may have to pull a sneak attack and show up unannounced for dinner... I know you'll feed me. XOXO

    ReplyDelete