Monday, June 1, 2015

What to do with leftover wonton wrappers.

 I still had a half of a bag of wonton wrapper after I got finished with my pot sticker.( Pot Sticker recipe posted below this one.) I didn't want to wast them ,so I had to come up with a good way to use them. I remembered I had a can of pie cherries in my pantry so dessert became my best option. 
 I fried up the wrapper in a little oil.
 Placed the can of cherries in the food processor along with 3 tablespoon of the blackberry jam and blended.
 I warmed up the filling up, then layered the mixture between the fried wonton wrappers. . I used three wrappers. You can use as many layers as you like.
Next came the ice cream. These were so good that we had them last night and again today after lunch. And I am going to be really bad and have another one after dinner. As they say you only live once.

1 comment:

  1. That looks sinfully delicious. I might have to buy won ton wrappers just for this never mind left overs!

    ReplyDelete