Saturday, December 13, 2014

Homemade dog treats



Even our dogs need a gift under the tree at Christmas.


Homemade Dog Treat Recipe
  • 2 cups boiled and pureed carrots
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 cup quick-cooking oats
Combine pureed carrots & eggs, mixing until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly – dough will be sticky. Place dough on floured 12×16 cookie sheet, sprinkle dough lightly with flour & roll out, adding a sprinkling of flour if it gets too sticky. (dough will be about 1/8″ to 1/4″ thick) Cut into desired treat sizes. Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes or to desired crunchiness. (They continue to harden as they cool)  As with any shelf-stable dehydrating, make sure these treats are completely dry before storing or they will mold.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I made ones with whole wheat flour and they didn't last long (mold). A friend who sells homemade pet treats told me to store them in my fridge, but I never made that recipe again. I'll have to try this recipe. I have a dog bone cookie cutter too.

    ReplyDelete