Monday, August 11, 2014

Time to get back to work.



We came home from our trip to a lot of pickling cucumber that were ready to be picked and canned.
You know you got the gardening bug bad when you make pickle before you make breakfast. And I don't even like dill pickles!
The recipe came from  www.newhousenewhomenewlife.com/2014/08/fresh-garden-recipes-dill-pickles.html I did process mine in a hot water bath for 15 minutes just to be safe.


 More beans and corn ready to be caned.

 This is what happens when you leave zucchini to it's own devices for three days.  One was 20 inches long.



I was also able to get two batches of goats milk soap done.  Tomorrow I will be making relish out of my over grown Zucchini.  Then its on the the corn, beans, and tomatoes.



4 comments:

  1. Same here on the zucchini. I am afraid they are mutants this year! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make zucchini relish, but I ran out of red bell peppers. I must get to the store for more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great harvest! For the second time I'm getting fail on fruiting zucchini. The buds always dry and get brown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are a very busy lady!!!!! I enjoyed your post and all that you are doing!!!!


    Susannah

    ReplyDelete