Trying to finish wash. But it just keeps replenishing it's self.
Monday, April 29, 2013
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Thank you everyone for your kind words. Just wanted to let you know I am still here. No men in white coats have come to take me away. The husband and kid are still breathing. At no time were the cops called. The animals were not given to new homes. All in all I made it thru with out collateral damage. A hot bath and a good night sleep did wonders. Or was it that bottle of wine?
Monday, April 22, 2013
Morning breaks with soft sunlight shining thru the sliding glass doors. Right into my eyes.Nothing like being blinded in the early morning hours. I throw the covers over my head already felling the bad day coming on. Thru the covers I hear ." You ready to get up. " Sure I am always ready to get up after 3 hours sleep. Ok Michelle take a deep breath.
After breakfast I walked outside to find the yard hadn't been cleaned up from the dogs for a couple of days. So I started doing it. ( The point here is, this is my husband job. ) Did I get a thank you NO. I got ," There's a spot over there you missed.
Asked my husband a question and instead of just answering it. I get the run around version. Don't you just love those types of conversations.
My daughter always starts her laundry but leaves it for Mom to finish. This time when I removed it from the washer there were 5 dryer sheets with it. When I asked her about it she told me it was in the basket with her dirty clothes. What is going on in that head of her's. Went to get our clothes off the line only to find the wind had blown my portable clothes line down. Two loads of clean laundry laying in the dirt. Don't you just love having to redo wash?
At this point I need to calm down. The best place to do that is in my garden. You won't believe what I found out there. That damn squirrel ate the tops off all my lettuce. I swear he is taunting us. He sits at the edge of the yard and just laugh at us. We have tried several times to trap him. He's to damn smart for his own good.
Just read thru what I have written so far. I am acting like that whinny person that drives me crazy. So I'll stop right here, before your ears start bleeding.
I see a glass of wine in my future. Hope your having a great day. Someone needs to.
My daughter just handed me my sneakers. One tip before I go. Never tell your child that they are in charge of making sure you work out. It's like giving them permission to torture you.
Thursday, April 18, 2013
I have seen many post out there that have started with the line " 1O things you may not know about me." I thought this was a great idea. But they seem to only talk about the good things. Not that, that's wrong . It's just not me. With me you get the whole package. So for your pleasure. Here is the Good the Bad and the Ugly.
1) My friends are very important to me. Good times or bad I will stand by them. Even if their wrong I will stand by them. That doesn't mean I won't tell them their wrong.
2) God and Family is everything to me. I take my job of raising good and respectful kids very seriously. My kids will never have to wonder if they are loved.
3) I love to cook. I am always learning how to make as many things from scratch as I can.
4) I love crafts of any kind. I do ceramics,stain glass, quilts, needle work, and yarn work. Finished projects is another story.
5) I will always be there if you need me rain or shine. Sleet and ice we may need to talk about it.
6) I love to travel. I have been to all the states but Hawaii (3/4 of them I have lived in. )
7) I am a military grand daughter, brat, bride, and proud of it.
8) I garden and have chickens ( Ok that you might know.)
9) I am married to an American Indian. Who grew up on a cattle ranch on the reservation.
10) I love life! I will always find the joy in things.
1)I can never say no. My BFF says I should say no at least once a year.
2) I can talk your ear off.
3) I laugh when I am nerves. Which can be awkward.
4) I make my kids get me coffee. They hate it.That doesn't mean it will change.I have to torture them some how.
5) I have to put myself on restriction from TV or I will sit and watch it all day. Laptop is a close second.
6) My daughter joined the Air force .I am very proud of her. The bad is, she got hit with chemicals. She will have nerve damage for the rest of her life. The good, is she still has a great out look on life.
7) My grand babies live several states a way. So I don't get to see then very often.
8) I am VERY SPOILED!. My husband has no one to blame but himself.
9)I love my cats. And some times they come first. I have a rule in my house. If you have a cat on your lap, then everyone else has to get you what you need. The cat doesn't get moved. Yes, I know I am a little crazy. Maybe this should go on the Ugly. Still debating.
10) On nights I don't want to cook, Your choice are eat out, you cook it, or you starve. It's that simple.
1) I am right. I can be wrong, but you have to prove it first.
2) Patience. Whats that word?
3) I can not be controlled . Tell me NO and it's already done.
4) Don't ask my advise .You will get it. Ok, maybe sometimes when you didn't ask.
5) I have no Tact. No really, I don't carry that gene.
6) Don't ask if you don't want the truth. If that dress makes you fat. Believe me I will tell you. Wait a minute? I could put that one on the good list, then again maybe not.
7) I use my womanly charm to get what I want from my husband. Hey, if it works why change it.
8) I have a big mouth. I also have foot in mouth disease.
9) Sarcasm is not my middle name. It is my first name.
10) Would I change any of these things. Probably not.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Sunday morning we headed out to get Heidi's new babies. It was a four hour trip there that seemed like an hour and a half. When you have two gabby friends in a vehicle together time just fly.
These are her new little babies. They are so sweet and friendly, and I fell in love with both of them. Heidi and I are trying to talk my husband into letting me have a few goats.With luck I will have my own set of babies by next spring.
Thursday, April 11, 2013
1)Never hang towels on the line. Not only will they take off the water after you shower ,but a layer of skin as well.
2) Shirts made from cotton will need ironed. If you hate ironing, use dryer.
3) Crawling into a bed made with crisp air dried sheets ( Heavenly) .
4) With dogs, I have to clean the yard before I can hang clothes.
5) Jeans don't shrink when dried on the line.
6) My cats will try to get out as I bring in clothes.
Am I going to keep hanging clothes outside ? You Bet! I love the smell of air dried clothes. The pros so out weight the cons. I do have to confess. I rewashed my towels and dried them in the dryer. What can I say. I love my skin where it is.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Ree's Fruit Salad
4 pints Strawberries ( sliced )
2 pints Blueberries
2 cup green seedless grapes ( cut in half )
2 cup red seedless grapes ( cut in half )
Mint leaves ( optional )
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
juice and zest of one orange
insides of one vanilla bean
Add water, sugar ,juice, and zest in a sauce pan. Slice your vanilla bean lengthwise, scraping out the seeds and add to the saucepan, bring the mixture to a boil ,then lower heat to a slow simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes to let it thicken . While your sauce is cooling mix your berries together. Once the sauce is cool add to berries and place in frig for at lest 30 minutes . Add mint leaves to the top of the salad .
I added a pint of raspberries to mine and used a Cara Cara orange. This was so good that I made a second batch for my husband to take to the guys at work.
Monday, April 8, 2013
WARNING: This is not totally homemade .
I found a homemade dish soap that worked great, only problem was no bubbles. I am a big bubbles girl. I know they don't do anything to help clean the dishes. But on those cold days,there is nothing better then sticking your hands into a hot sink full of bubbles.
I tested this dish soap for a week before posting it. I wanted to make sure it would work as well as the store bought. I am happy to say it does.
My own bubbling dish soap
2 cups water
2 tablespoons of moisturizing shampoo ( I used VO5 that I got at the dollar store )
1 tablespoon Borox
1 tablespoon Baking Soda
1 tablespoon Vinagar
3 tablespoon Dawn dish soap.Mix all ingredients in a bowl with a spoon. Using a funnel pour into a large empty dish soap bottle .
The original recipe calls for clear shampoo. I used moisturizing shampoo since I like the way it makes my hands feel. I added Dawn to the recipe for my bubbles. You could probably use just one tablespoon of Dawn since it makes so many bubbles.
Using 3 tables spoons of Dawn add 12.4 cents a bottle. Using 2 tablespoon adds 8.2 cents. Without the Dawn your dish soap will run about 9 cents a bottle.With 3 tablespoons of Dawn it's 21.4 cents for 20 fluid ozs of dish soap. I can handle that. Now that the trail period is over I am going to try it with only 2 tablespoon of Dawn since I get so many bubbles.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
I love this cake. I have finally found the recipe of my dreams. I saw it on the food channel and had to try it. SO GLAD I DID. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Butter, for greasing the pans
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pans
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups good cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup buttermilk, shaken
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
Chocolate Butter cream, recipe follows
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter two 8-inch x 2-inch round cake pans. Line with parchment paper, then butter and flour the pans.
Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on low speed until combined. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry. With mixer still on low, add the coffee and stir just to combine, scraping the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 30 minutes, then turn them out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
Place 1 layer, flat side up, on a flat plate or cake pedestal. With a knife or offset spatula, spread the top with frosting. Place the second layer on top, rounded side up, and spread the frosting evenly on the top and sides of the cake.
6 ounces good semisweet chocolate (recommended: Callebaut)
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 extra-large egg yolk, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
Chop the chocolate and place it in a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir until just melted and set aside until cooled to room temperature.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium-high speed until light yellow and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and continue beating for 3 minutes. Turn the mixer to low, gradually add the confectioners' sugar, then beat at medium speed, scraping down the bowl as necessary, until smooth and creamy. Dissolve the coffee powder in 2 teaspoons of the hottest tap water. On low speed, add the chocolate and coffee to the butter mixture and mix until blended. Don't whip! Spread immediately on the cooled cake.
Show: Barefoot Contessa Episode: Flavors and Flowers
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Have a great weekend everyone.
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
She is working towards becoming a helicopter pilot for the Fire Department as well as adding a single engine pilot licenes to her belt.