Sunday, June 17, 2012

Candy Apple Jelly

I made this jelly for a food swap we had recently. It taste just like the coating on the candy apples you get at the Fair . I make it for a bazaar last year. And it sold out.
                              
                                        Candy Apple Jelly
4 cups apple juice
1/2 cup red-hot candies
1 package powdered fruit pectin
4 1/2 cups sugar

In a large saucepan,combine the apple juice, candies , and pectin. Bring to a boil over med heat heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Stirring constantly.
Skim off any foam. Ladle hot mixture into jars, leaving 1/4 head space. Run a plastic knife around inside of jar to remove any air bubbles. Wipe the rim of the jar. Place lids and rings on the jar.
A lot of recipes tell you to process in a water bath for 5 minutes. I just make sure my lids are tight and turn upside down on a towel til  cooled. The heat from the jelly seals the lid. Always check to make sure your lids seal.
Hope  you try this recipe . It,s really good. Have a great weekend.


5 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds yummy!! Love the color! Thank you for sharing this recipe, we sure do enjoy the Carrot Cake jam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my favorite part of the candied apple, the candy!! Sounds wonderful!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I know that must be good! At Christmas time we have apple cider/apple juice hot with those candies, or cinnamon sticks in it so I know this must be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one I make year-round. It's a favorite at Christmas time too. It's also a great seller at my Farmer's Market. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for this recipe!! someone brought this to a party at my house..poured over a slab of cream cheese to dip with crackers...i always wanted the recipe.

    ReplyDelete