Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Zucchini and Blueberry crumble cake

I still have a lot of zucchini. I have given it away, dehydrated it , and froze it. I have come to the point where it's time to come up with recipes. This one turned out great. Hope you will give it a try. It's great with or with out the crumb topping.

   3 lightly beaten eggs, 1 cup veg. oil, 3tsp.vanilla extract, 1 1/4 cup sugar, 1 cup brown sugar, 3 cups shredded  zucchini, 3 cups all purpose flour, 1tsp. salt, 1 tsp baking powder,1/4 baking soda, 1 tbl ground Cinnamon, 1 tsp nutmeg, and 1 pint fresh blueberry.

In a mixing bowl beat together the eggs,oil,vanilla, and sugars Add the other dry ingredients.  Mix well. Stir in zucchini and blueberry. Transfer to greased 9 by 13 pan or two greased loaf pans and add crumble topping. (recipe below) Bake at 350 for an hour or until a knife comes out clean.
   
                                                       Crumb Topping


2/3 cup flour, 1/2 brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp Cinnamon,  and 1 stick soften butter.
Mix together with hand and sprinkle on top.

This recipe has been linked up to the FRIDAY FARMGIRL HOP at Deborah Jean's Dandelion House!
Link HERE!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle!
    This looks yummy! Our gardens didn't do so wonderful this year, so I'm living vicarisly through my homesteading blog friends!
    thanks for your note on the roosters!
    they were indeed plucking out the feathers of one of my prettiest hens!!! Those bleepin roosters!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a few pieces of Michelle's wonderful cake... (yeah, I said pieces, as in multiple...) It is divine.

    Michelle is the best cook I know, and I am so glad she's sharing her recipes. I am even more excited that you are experimenting again Michelle. I know this winter will be warm and cozy when Michelle is in the kitchen. Of course, my waistband will grow too. Time for elastic... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had Michelle's cake and it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Michelle, you're scaring me talking about yourself in the third person!! LOL!! Thanks for sharing this recipe, my mother-in-law and I were thinking it would be good in a Bundt pan too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The post that say its from me is my friend heidi. I had my blogg open on her computer, so when she posted. It was under my account. I bet it would be good in a Bundt pan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candy,

    It's true, I am guilty of logging in to change design elements and forgetting to sign out of Michelle's account BEFORE I posted about her yummy cake. It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete